A Trumpet and some ringtingers...

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

A Trumpet and some ringtingers...

Postby Gromit » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:22 pm

I'm currently whizzing around on a Triumph TT600 (well...owing to the cr*p weather I'm on MZ No1 as it happens) and really enjoying it. It did take me quite a while to get used to riding a hi-revving 600/4 and for a time I was not particularly struck with it - a diet of large cc twins and their easy torque had conditioned my brain into thinking you can overtake from 60mph without changing out of top gear.

The TT's not the prettiest bike in the world, although because I've grown rather fond of it I actually quite like the looks. Best thing though is the handling - it's brilliant. I'm not the fastest/hardest rider in the world but ye gods this thing is virtually impossible to upset. Add the fabbo brakes and you've one rather spiffing little package. I've done a few 400+ mile days which although not mega miles it should be added that I'm 6'3"/15 stone and found the bike refreshingly comfy. It's even proved itself adept at a bit of 2-up work.

Oh...and to add the fuel injection's nigh on perfect now. Not a stutter nor snatch to spoil the plot. In fact it could teach Honda a thing or 2 about decent fuel injection...not that you'll ever read that in an eCrap publication :roll:

The MZ's?? They are truly special motorcycles and beyond comment. As the saying goes ' If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand'. ;)

julian

Postby julian » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:14 pm

[x] this thread is useless without pictures.

A full line-up is required please.
BMW R1100S (Black)
Suzuki TL1000S (Red)

nab 301

Re: A Trumpet and some ringtingers...

Postby nab 301 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Gromit wrote:(well...owing to the cr*p weather I'm on MZ No1 as it happens) and really enjoying it.
The MZ's?? They are truly special motorcycles and beyond comment. As the saying goes ' If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand'. ;)

I can only agree! car driving friends refer to my MZ as my wet weather bike.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Boxadog 2000

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:35 pm

Well as a recent convert to the Trumpet fraternity I have to say that I am gob smacked at how much I have bonded with my Strumpet.

For me the riding position is very good and the wide bars make throwing the bike around a very simple task.

The Metzeler tourance tyres are confidence inspiring, I cant think of another tyre that is so predictable even in the wet which is contrary to there appearance oh and as an aside as you will all have wittnesed on my S the size of the chicken strips oh no not on the Tiger just about to the edge.

Every time I ride the bike I just smile my daily commute is now down by 5 minutes I ride a little slower on the 12 miles of motorway but oh boy those twisty back roads are really fun.

However I now have serious 1100S withdrawl symptoms and cant wait to get the diff back and get the old girl mobile again.

Bob

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:50 pm

Bob - take it you've found this little lot. A super-excellent source of info - the message board's only a small part of the whole shebang. :)

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:43 pm

Must admit that I bought a Daytona 650 in addition to my BoxerCup because I was envious of the smoothness of a "4" with oil multiplate clutch. Absolutely love the Daytona and always find the Boxer is a bit like getting back on a tractor afterwards. Mind you - the telelever suspension IS good and I have to remind myself that the braking has a different effect on the Triumph.

And the indicators on the Cup ......? I was thinking of swapping "turn cancel button" with "horn button" so that at least it was the left hand that was used to cancel -

anyone else done this? I'm always searching for the damn thing on the right bar!
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

millesteve

Postby millesteve » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:11 pm

Hi I have a tt600 that I use just on the track and a sprint st on the road. The tt600 is a well underrated bike and great on the track and the sprint st is a good sports tourer and pasenger bike
got the boxer cup after trying a mates bike in france and was very impresed
also have an Aprilia RSV1000 Mliie great sports bike but very focused
Ducati monster, CCM R30, and xr400 all good at thair own thing

Return to “My other bike's a...”