Lancia Pics as requested.

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

eyore

Lancia Pics as requested.

Postby eyore » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Integrale 16V Turbo

This was the absolute peach, a vey rare Lancia 1.6HF Lusso 1972. Sweetest little V 4 motor with twin cams,5 speed gearbox, two twin choke carbs,disc brakes all round,magnesium alloy wheels, as light as a feather handled like a dream. These cars won numerous rally championships and were quite something in their day.
I was the third owner of this car which had 32,000 miles when I got it every bill of sale ,every maintenance reciept, every tax disc, sorn, mot, just heaps of paperwork. Original paintwork and immaculate interior.
I bought it in Norfolk and sold it back to the UK about 3 years ago.

Supposedly a more grown up XI9, nice enough to drive but not a classic Lancia in any sense.I ended up selling it to a Greek who flew over and drove it home without a bother.
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm Jealous, although I don't think you can compare X19's with anything else...

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Oh that Fulvia is an absolute gem. Utterly, utterly gorgeous...in fact so gorgeous I think I need to go have a lie down. 8)

exoticices

Postby exoticices » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks, great pics. I always felt the MC was never quite what it should/could have been. But your old Integrale and Fulvia look very classy. The Fulvias were a tremendous design for their day, and still are really. Shame there's no 'real' Lancias anymore.

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:58 pm

The Lancia 1.6HF Lusso is a stunner, absolutely gorgeous. A lucky man to own such a car.
kernow,the last bit

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:09 am

[quote="cornishflat"]The Lancia 1.6HF Lusso is a stunner, absolutely gorgeous. A lucky man to own such a car.[/quote]

or lady. :wink:
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

eyore

Postby eyore » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:22 am

ianbcr wrote:
cornishflat wrote:The Lancia 1.6HF Lusso is a stunner, absolutely gorgeous. A lucky man to own such a car.

or lady. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

f90x

Postby f90x » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:22 am

a lovely collection. those integrale's are fantastic. a friend had one for a while and let me drive it a couple of times. brilliant, but for me it would have to be the fulvia. if it were mine i don't think i'd be able to sell it.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:23 am

Now we are talking! http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab28 ... c594f6.jpg

I was in North Yorks last week and we popped in to one of my fave spots. Thornton le dale to view a few classics. I got talking to an Ozzie who was up at Durham for the 4th test and who also popped down to Mathewmans to get his MG Fix. He worked for General Motors and was up to speed with all the MG Timeline. He had a" post war rag top" What impressed me was his perception of how lucky we are to have nice country lanes to enjoy these cars, summat I had never given a second thought to. He said his classic car club runs back home (Melbourne) were lacking the environment these cars were designed for.

Sadly the MGA in the photie on my drive does not belong to me and has a chequered history, was built as a LHD and exported to California, re imported to uk and converted to rhd. Much more of these gorgeously shaped sportsters were built for export than the home market and consequently the more valuable ones are the rarer home market ones. Inevitably it leaked oil :) not a lot mind, the crank had a habit of ovalizing its seals the lucky owner advised me. Edit, Enlarge the photie you can almost smell the aromatic essence of sae 10 40
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Lovely Pics eyore, nice one, I always wanted a Monte Carlo ( then a Lancia rallye / 037) ....never got one off course, my Beta Coupe breaking in half kinda put the lady off Lancias.. :shock:

for what it`s worth I was into Fiat`s at the time as well....don`t laugh, 124 Sport Coupe, 128 Berlinetta, 131 Arbarth all came and went, great fun

nice pics......

f90x

Postby f90x » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Hayden wrote:Lovely Pics eyore, nice one, I always wanted a Monte Carlo ( then a Lancia rallye / 037) ....never got one off course, my Beta Coupe breaking in half kinda put the lady off Lancias.. :shock:

for what it`s worth I was into Fiat`s at the time as well....don`t laugh, 124 Sport Coupe, 128 Berlinetta, 131 Arbarth all came and went, great fun

nice pics......

Nothing wrong with any of those Hayden. I'd happily have any of them back in he day and I still find them desirable now.

eyore

Postby eyore » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:52 pm

f90x wrote:
Hayden wrote:Lovely Pics eyore, nice one, I always wanted a Monte Carlo ( then a Lancia rallye / 037) ....never got one off course, my Beta Coupe breaking in half kinda put the lady off Lancias.. :shock:

nice pics......

Nothing wrong with any of those Hayden. I'd happily have any of them back in he day and I still find them desirable now.

Absolutely right :thumbright:

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

KenG

Postby KenG » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 pm

had a 2.0tc 132 super-mirafiori when i was but a boy. (mum's insurance runabout)
it was a beast, but ever so light from all the rust falling off.
i remember asking the girlfriend to put her foot over a hole as i approached a roadside puddle, but she looked forward to see where to put her foot, and got a face full of dirty water, it could have been much worse :shock:

Return to “My other bike's a...”