What have i done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it says; what you've done to your bike and how it helped make it better.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Dai wiskers

What have i done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Dai wiskers » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 am

Can you believe it i have made my bike UGLY UGLY UGLY

All i did was fit Givi rack arms and rack

In all honesty i can not recomend these the arms were a bugger to fit no in all fairness the right one went on easy, the left one had been mede with the fromt mounting out of square so i had to drill it out to make it fit, [therefore invalidating any warranty and weakening it in the process]

I love the way they were packaged as well some of the arm mounts are in the rack box some of the rack mounts were in the arm box as they are sold seperatly i feel this is a con

Anyway i got the arms fitted and thought i must have fitted them to the wrong side as they were far wider than the rack, off they came and i can say they only fit one way, so put them back on the way i had them in the first place

Then i fitted the rack mounting's still thinking this will look horible when done i carried on and finished the job bl00dy hell did it look carp i was almost screaming at what i had fitted to my pretty bike. The problem was the rack looked like it was made for another bike the lines were wrong and it looked like it was the wrong rack for the arms, Now i know why you see so many bikes with Givi topboxes fitted at all times the box covers up the ugly rack fitting.

I looked at it for about ten minutes before deciding it was coming off then remembered i had a rack plate off an old GSX 1100 twin shoc i went up to the garage and dug it out it's a nonfango but looked like it would fit

Not only did it fit but it looks so much better as it hides the ugly rack mounts it also has a decent grab rail built in to keep Ann happy
OK a Givi top box wont fit but i dont have a Givi top box i have a cheapo chinese one that has it's own plate that fits the nonfango rack.

I'm a happy boy now but pissed at what Givi sell to fit on such a pretty bike [ok mines not pretty but Givi don't know that]

Please if you value the looks of your bike don't and don't want a topbox perminatly[spling] fitted look for another make of rack if available all i could find was Givi

I supose the Givi could be made to look better by spraying the rack mounts black or colour coding them to your bike

Cheers all Dai
My bike shines when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyslexic Dai

Steptoe
http://www.gsshop.biz/

Dan Cata
http://boxer-upgrades.webs.com/

Lennie
http://www.boxer-performance.com/index.html

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 am

I have those, well pleased with them, do as exactlty what they say, they are only on the bike for when we go away, Take them off immediately after use. I recall having to enlarge a hole to get one to fit. Do not carry a mahoosive top box though, that will look crap :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:16 am

I have one of these - I was never happy with the fit, which put strain on the base-plate. I think I used it on holiday once - and took it off......

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

GRAgusta

got one too

Postby GRAgusta » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 pm

I have A Givi rack and top box. I have used it three times. It works well, it takes twenty minutes to fit it - the rack - before a trip when I want to use it, and twenty minutes to remove it immediately I get home.

It is nowhere good enough quality, nor pretty enough to leave in place .... but we have definitely appreciated it when we have used it.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

Al

Postby Al » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Just fitted a givi rack and certainly agree with Dai they are UGLY, only good thing is that it can removed in 15-20 mins.
Just hope the cheap top box off ebay is ok!!

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Return to “Boxerspex”