HP2 Sport / S1000 RR Mirror Conversion

As it says; what you've done to your bike and how it helped make it better.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

szazbo

HP2 Sport / S1000 RR Mirror Conversion

Postby szazbo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:17 am

If you have a HP2 Sport you know that the mirrors are worthless and you cannot see a thing. Without giving all the details of 6 months worth of working on the design and prototypes, I have created a conversion kit that allows the S1000RR mirrors to bolt directly to the HP2 carbon fairing without any modifications. The great thing about these mirrors is that they look like they came from the factory with the OEM appearance, you can actually see who and what is behind you. All the details of the development is posted on the Pelican site. If you are in Europe Sandbar has these kits available, If you are on my side of the pond I would be more than happy to ship wherever. Here are some photos of the parts and before and after. Let me know what you think! I guess I cannot post any photos so go over and check out Pelican

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r110 ... ckets.html

sandbar

Re: HP2 Sport / S1000 RR Mirror Conversion

Postby sandbar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26 am

szazbo wrote: If you are in Europe Sandbar has these kits available

Well - not quite yet! They appear to be stuck at the UK Customs stage of the shipping process!!!

But, to coin a phrase, orders are being taken. :blob:

sandbar

sandbar

Re: HP2 Sport / S1000 RR Mirror Conversion

Postby sandbar » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:15 am

sandbar wrote:They appear to be stuck at the UK Customs stage of the shipping process!!!

At long last they arrived - yesterday! Really nicely made - I hope to get pictures onto the website later today.

sandbar

Droptarotter

Postby Droptarotter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 pm

A while back,szazbo sent me the prototype mirror mounts and I promised to do a wright up once I had them mounted.

Well, my apologies to szazbo for taking so long!

Here are my observations.......

This adaptor for the S1000RR mirror is exactly what the HP2 Sport needs......it removes the horrible stock mirror, lets you use a BMW S1000RR mirror and is one very finely crafted piece of kit!

If you have not already done so........order this set up as it will help complete the motorcycle closer to what it should have been in the first place!

Now I see most of the install has been posted, so the one thing I will add that has not been discussed is the orientation of the Belleville washers.

Here is a photo of how they are installed....the up/down label is in reference to the centre of the washer.....keep them this way and all will be fine.........

[/imgImage

This is an easy install. The only critical part is getting the tension correct on the nut/bolt for the Belleville washers.
Don't forget the blue locktite!

Another tip is to work the breakaway a couple of times to help "break in" the breakaway.

Thanks again to szazbo for making a fine product and allowing me to be a small part of this.

Cheers

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Droptarotter wrote:This adaptor for the S1000RR mirror is exactly what the HP2 Sport needs......it removes the horrible stock mirror, lets you use a BMW S1000RR mirror and is one very finely crafted piece of kit!

Another tip is to work the breakaway a couple of times to help "break in" the breakaway.

100% +1

I understand that there has been a bit of discussion about the fit of the rear of the mount. It is all down to the way that you fit them. When you cut the boot so that the screws can go through the boot without distortion, you need to allow more clearance around the rear screw. Then when you are tightening the rear screw just apply gentle forward pressure onto the rear of the boot, so that the boot tucks nicely underneath the bracket. Then it fits like the images at the bottom of this product page.

http://www.sandbarcomposites.co.uk/disp ... gory_id=14

sandbar

Return to “Boxerspex”