Tastefully modified (?) R1200S - Now with added top-box pics

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

testudograeca

Scren comparisons

Postby testudograeca » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:37 pm

AJ, I think either set looks good, but I guess it's how they perform that counts. One of the reasons I bought this bike was because it was fitted with the full Akrapovic system (about £1250 ?), and it also came with the original. I figured that if I don't get on with the bike, I can put it back to standard trim, chop it in for a GS, then defray my losses by selling on the race system.

f90x, the Wunderlich conversion is the best part of £400, and doesn't require any changes to wiring, etc. The kit comes with the necessary brake and clutch hose to reach the reservoirs in their new positions. The levers were just personal preference.

HJ, here are some more photos of the handlebars, showing the original and Puig screens......

Cheers,

Iain
Last edited by testudograeca on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You spent HOW much on it......?!

stoney

Postby stoney » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:54 pm

Have you got an alternative to the fuel warning light? The computer display is nicely obscured there! :?
Andy

testudograeca

Long-range tanks

Postby testudograeca » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:46 am

stoney,

The photo wasn't taken from eye-level; I have a clear and unobstructed view of the instruments when I ride the bike.

In any case, I carry a spare can of fuel in each pannier.

Cheers,

Iain
You spent HOW much on it......?!

Return to “Boxerpix”