Loz got Robbed

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

LozBoxa

Loz got Robbed

Postby LozBoxa » Sat May 08, 2021 6:09 am

46AFCD51-108D-46A9-9479-59CF7AD77C52.jpeg
46AFCD51-108D-46A9-9479-59CF7AD77C52.jpeg (762.29 KiB) Viewed 7626 times
So last year hands down the best ride I had was in Scotland with you guys. Learned loads laughed loads and discovered truly amazing roads!

Gave me such a thirst for adventure I put 9000 miles on the old 1100GS in 9 weeks! Sadly she was stolen two weeks ago from 4ft in front of the hotel door and on cctv. Insurance will eventually sort it but obvs I was gutted.

Looking for a replacement I somehow stumbled on bargain priced R1200 GS bikes which looked nothing really like my old girl. But I went to see one, heard it breath through an akro pipe and I was smitten.

Didn’t buy that one, but did drop on a 1 owner bike in black with a full history in great condition just needing a good clean. Had to have it. So here she is :bounce:
https://flic.kr/p/2kXh1oL

https://flic.kr/p/2kXmsyR
Last edited by LozBoxa on Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

jeznewsome

Re: Loz got Robbed

Postby jeznewsome » Sat May 08, 2021 8:50 am

There's too much theft around these days but pleased you've found a worthy replacement Loz

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 am

This makes me really angry to read !!!

I'm speaking from experience here , as an ex cop , the police today are really not interested in this sort of crime.

No one was hurt, no one is out of pocket (except the owner and insurance ) so its easy to brush the stat under the carpet.

There is no more police patrols, no more eyes on the street, hiding behind computer screens and cctv is the modern policeman's task it seems.

Its too dangerous for the current police officers to attempt to foil thieves, they may be hurt, so just wait in the office, until its all over, then go out and take statements ...

When I emigrated to UK in 2005, I guessed (wrongly) that my special skills would be welcomed into UK police, with the Olympics on the horizon etc ...

I applied for 3 different police forces, all sent back the standard "You don't meet the requirements" ....
This was a mystery to me, I'd collected loads of citations over the years, newspaper reports etc from South Africa .

Anyways , several years later, I attended a joke of a course at the Met, "anti terrorism" given by an old fella , who couldn't identify C5, a cheesemine, or an AK47 !!!!

While there, another Ex SAP guy and I went to talk to a senior officer , who explained that we in the SAP were trained in confrontational policing.
The new way of policing in UK is NON CONFRONTATIONAL .... they don't want to risk law suits incurred because an ex SAP officer has smacked a piss head outside a bar who has spat in his face ....

So , much to my disgust, people in UK can no longer rely on a policeman to actually help them when needed .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Sat May 08, 2021 10:05 am

Yes thepoliceman that I spoke to was very polite and conscientious about recording the incident but left me with no doubt it was unlikely I would ever hear from them again or my bike. The insurance company have left me equally in the dark, so I took it upon myself to get a bike for my own well-being and await the outcome which will presumably be a settlement at some point.
I’ve I’ve worked in South Africa and I’m aware of the nature of policing there. I think it’s a shame that the skill set is not valued by UK forces. Ironic that inclusion and diversity seem to be at the forefront of modern policing policy. Seems like that’s not actually practised, shock horror, not.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat May 08, 2021 3:51 pm

As I said at the time Loz, 'Thats a Bastard' but so glad you've found a replacement so soon (not like you :lol: ) She looks a 'topper' :wink: and that first wet ride will have bedded you both in 8)

Enjoy and look forward to seeing her in the flesh sometime this year :D
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sun May 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Very smart replacement for your nicked bike. Will you be joining us in Hawes in July?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sun May 09, 2021 7:18 pm

Paul wrote:Very smart replacement for your nicked bike. Will you be joining us in Hawes in July?

Cheers,

Paul

*** edit: just saw your post in days out. I'm making a habit of this...
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

LozBoxa

Postby LozBoxa » Sun May 09, 2021 9:28 pm

Paul wrote:Very smart replacement for your nicked bike. Will you be joining us in Hawes in July?

Cheers,

Paul

Really looking forward to it!!

Return to “Boxerpix”