The Bike Shed Show

An opportunity to show your bikes in all their glory

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:23 pm

There is definitely a ‘look’ that seems to go with this style of bike; boots, dark blue jeans with turn-ups, chunky shirt (tucked in of course), beard, quaffed hair and tatoo’s.

They’re all bloody slim as well which rules me out of three counts (no hair, fat and I don’t like needles). :D

Not sure what they do for a living but at least it’s getting young un’s on bikes.

I would also say that while not applicable to all of them, not sure how some would stand up to daily use but maybe not the point. The ones in the car park had the smell of fresh paint that’s got hot for the first time. 8)

Seeing a lot of these bikes around on my way to and from work, much more in the summer for some reason.

When I’m scrapping the ice off the seat in Jan don’t see a single one (but at least parking is easy) :lol:

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Topcat wrote:There is definitely a ‘look’ that seems to go with this style of bike; boots, dark blue jeans with turn-ups, chunky shirt (tucked in of course), beard, quaffed hair and tatoo’s.

They’re all bloody slim as well which rules me out of three counts (no hair, fat and I don’t like needles). :D

Not sure what they do for a living but at least it’s getting young un’s on bikes.

I would also say that while not applicable to all of them, not sure how some would stand up to daily use but maybe not the point. The ones in the car park had the smell of fresh paint that’s got hot for the first time. 8)

Seeing a lot of these bikes around on my way to and from work, much more in the summer for some reason.

When I’m scrapping the ice off the seat in Jan don’t see a single one (but at least parking is easy) :lol:

As you say at least it's getting them on bikes :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Bender

Postby Bender » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Nice pics, quite an achievement on a busy day!

I went along to the press launch, pics and write up here:

http://www.theridersdigest.co.uk/bsmc-iii-cafe-society/
2011 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback - yeah, I know. I've always wanted one though...

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:30 am

Some lovely machines there and cracking photos.

Return to “Boxerpix”