Can't upload avatar

What do you think of the site? Anything you'd like to add? Please let us know.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Malc

Can't upload avatar

Postby Malc » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:15 pm

The file meets the size requirements but when I try to upload I get the following code:

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/1052571609408fadb3a5171.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /files/home/blackbriard/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /files/home/blackbriard/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /files/home/blackbriard/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /files/home/blackbriard/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /files/home/blackbriard/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /files/home/blackbriard/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /files/home/blackbriard/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 477

I've tried this from work and home with same result. Any ideas?

Malc

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:33 pm

You can't upload avatars, you'll either have to host it at your own webspace and link to or ask Richard nicely if he'll upload it for you :)

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Malc

Postby Malc » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:34 pm

Cheers. I'll pop it on my own space.

The bulletin software knows I've tried to do it though, hence the red cross missing gif thingy where the piccy should be.

NiceBeevor

Postby NiceBeevor » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:42 pm

Bleedin b0ll0cks, now my avatar has done one too. I tried to change it from the Arnie thing I'd swiped off the site's avatar gallery to this much preferable reminder of former glories:
Image.
If it successfully displays in this message, why doesn't it work as an avatar?
It's 80x80 pixels, and hosted at ImageCave.
When I insert the URL into the avatar box in the profile screen and then press submit, the box keeps resetting itself as blank.
What's happening?

Jus..
(and I used to think I was computer literate.)

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:07 pm

Jus

If you right click on the avatar box the properties read as follows: http://cgi.blackbriard.force9.co.uk/php ... 443c34.jpg

Whereas your pic reads as: http://usera.imagecave.com/NiceBeevor/B ... avatar.jpg

Have you done somethign wrong in the avatar choice?

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:08 pm

Jus

If you right click on the avatar box the properties read as follows: http://cgi.blackbriard.force9.co.uk/php ... 443c34.jpg

Whereas your pic reads as: http://usera.imagecave.com/NiceBeevor/B ... avatar.jpg

Have you done something wrong in the avatar choice?

You need to use the link to offsite avatar rather than upload avatar from URL. I think...

Adam :)
Last edited by adamski49 on Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:09 am

Justin,

I've fixed it for you.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

NiceBeevor

Postby NiceBeevor » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:51 pm

Thanks a million, Paul - sorry to be a pain.

Any clues as to what went wrong? Or wouldn't it make sense to a thicko like me? :oops:

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:00 am

Justin,

I just opened your profile and pasted the URL for your avatar into the "Link to off-site Avatar:" box then hit the submit button at the bottom of the form. Nothing more devious than that I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

NiceBeevor

Postby NiceBeevor » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:26 pm

Thanks Paul. So I just put it in the wrong (URL) box, then. Doh.

Return to “Over to you...”