How do I add a file?

What do you think of the site? Anything you'd like to add? Please let us know.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Pev

How do I add a file?

Postby Pev » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:37 pm

How do I go about adding a 'wmv' file to the message body. The paste function is greyed out if I copy the file and try to paste it in the text box
Thanks
Pev

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:12 am

Hi Pev,

You can't directly attach a file to a message. What you must do instead is use a URL to point to where the file is hosted out there in the internet.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Pev

Postby Pev » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:55 am

The file in question is on my pc, how do I attach the file?
Thanks
Pev

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:02 am

Pev,

You need to find somewhere on the internet to host it. Does your ISP supply you with any webspace you could use? What sort of file is it? If it's a picture, you could host it on a site such as imagecave. If you don't have anywhere to put it, e-mail it to webmaster@boxertrix.com and I'll host it for you.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Pev

How do I add a file

Postby Pev » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi Paul,
Thanks for getting back to me. The file is a wmv file - just a small video file. I don't believe my isp offers any webspace but if so I was not aware. I will make enquiries and if not will take up your offer & forward it to you. Thanks
Pev

Return to “Over to you...”