problems

What do you think of the site? Anything you'd like to add? Please let us know.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:03 pm

Paul wrote:Guys,

If anyone knows of a good collection of Avatars we can download, let me know where we can find them and I'll upload them. I managed to find one set which I'll stick on, but it's mostly Japanese cartoon style faces, which are frankly a bit dull.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul

I've just copied and tested a few of the emoticons from the ukGSer forum. I wonder if it's worth contacting the site owner, Paul Grove (BHT) and asking if he minds us copying some of them. I'm sure most of them are freebies anyway.

Adam Image
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

black99S

Postby black99S » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:09 pm

[quote="minivin"]tried jpg and gif, however I'm uploading from my computer which I think is the problem

I've "browsed" my C drive and uploaded a .jpg with no joy. nice little red X though. Also I cannot see any of the 'canned' avatars. this list is blank. :?

Gats

Postby Gats » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:56 pm

The uploading function isn't working as yet. The only way currently is to upload the image to your own webspace or image hosting site and set the URL for the avatar in your profile. It's the same deal for showing an image in a post.
Gary Rose.
'06 R1200S Titanium with farkles - Moristech Pro Sequential Interceptor, full Remus system, carbon bits
'12 Tiger Explorer, loaded
'15 Triumph Thruxton ACE Cafe (hers)
-------------
A little inaccuracy saves a tonne of explanation.

Plankton Pete

Postby Plankton Pete » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:02 pm

Anyone know where the word Avatar came from anyway?
It seems to mean little picture but why "Avatar"?
Peter
Plankton Pete

Return to “Over to you...”