*** Wanted***

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

box-doctor

*** Wanted***

Postby box-doctor » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:54 pm

So.....many moons ago “Project Marmite” had all the bits on it I wanted & one of those bits was an SJ air filter.

I can’t seem to find any for sale anywhere, so if anyone on here has one they would be willing to sell I’d be happy to buy.
Or......maybe better still, if anyone has one they would be willing to “lend me” so I can have one made from it I would be very grateful & would of course be happy to donate pounds cash sterling, beer tokens etc for the privilege.

Thanks for looking.
2004 Boxer Cup.
1992 V.W. Golf Mk2 van with 3.0 VR6 & custom 1 off 6 speed gearbox.
1990 V.W. Golf Mk1 cabrio.
Honda Civic Type R with Jackson Racing supercharger.
BMW E34 530 V8 sport auto.

jeznewsome

Re: *** Wanted***

Postby jeznewsome » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:30 pm

Sorry I can't help but may well be interested if you are able to get more than one made!

box-doctor

Postby box-doctor » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:33 pm

jeznewsome wrote:Sorry I can't help but may well be interested if you are able to get more than one made!

I would be happy to have more made if there’s interest - all we need is an original one for a pattern.
2004 Boxer Cup.

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Could always try a search for the home made jobbie--Blue Peter Air filter, if nothing comes up here try the pelican site. Can confirm it works even if it's almost 20 yrs since I invested!!

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:04 pm

might also under Val Singleton air filter
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:15 am

Ahh yes, it's an age thing you know!!

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:49 am

herrman wrote:Ahh yes, it's an age thing you know!!

LOL - naw - it's just I remember all the stuff that isn't really that important :lol:
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Phil K

Postby Phil K » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:12 pm

You need a K & N RU 1180 and cut the end to fit :)

Good luck

Phil
R11s + Val Singleton Power filter - Lennies induct - Y Piece - Wilbers - PC111
1974 Honda CB750 1974 Triumph Trident T150 Oh and a GS-LC

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:00 pm

But.................. with an original, a private individual could recreate the top and bottom plate either by molding or by 3d printing

There is no real requirement for the filter holder to be Aluminium - as it is not structural.
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

box-doctor

Postby box-doctor » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:24 pm

jeznewsome wrote:Sorry I can't help but may well be interested if you are able to get more than one made!

Well, I’m on the hunt for one & if I can persuade someone to loan it to me I’ll happily get some made & you are top of the list sir :bounce:
2004 Boxer Cup.

WasOnceBroken

Postby WasOnceBroken » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:33 pm

I have one and would be more than happy to to loan it to you, however - posting from California to you might be troublesome. Not long ago (perhaps 6-7 months ago) I contacted K&N for replacement filter element as my two (I have the SJ units on both of my machines) elements, though life time guaranteed - were showing the ravages of duty and time. The element has no part number which makes any sense and is an internal production 'code'. The kind lady I spoke with cross referenced the number to a discontinued part - However - They did show over 50 units in discontinued (?) stock and went on to inform me I could get a deal if I was to purchase them all. I inquired on the original part application and she said her notes indicated a Massey Ferguson (manufacturers of Farm equipment/ Agricultural machinery) commercial component. Filter element dimensions are a factor. I purchased 2 elements and would think they have plenty of 'discontinued' inventory left

The SJ pieces are a simple affair and should be child's play for a CNC man. A couple of photos for perusal.

How long do you think you'd need them, I can disassemble the assembly as the filter itself does you no good and post the plates?

regards,
W.O.B.

p.s. If you DO end up replicating - perhaps you could sell me a couple of units at a discount?

box-doctor

Postby box-doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:29 am

WOW - W.O.B. I had almost given up on this.
If you would be kind enough to lend me these parts I would love to try & get the project off the ground & of course I will sell you a couple at a discounted cost, hopefully at cost or less depending on cost to produce, numbers being made etc...
Please let me know how to move this forward & obviously I'll happily cover the cost of your trouble.

Best regards Neil.

WasOnceBroken wrote:I have one and would be more than happy to to loan it to you, however - posting from California to you might be troublesome. Not long ago (perhaps 6-7 months ago) I contacted K&N for replacement filter element as my two (I have the SJ units on both of my machines) elements, though life time guaranteed - were showing the ravages of duty and time. The element has no part number which makes any sense and is an internal production 'code'. The kind lady I spoke with cross referenced the number to a discontinued part - However - They did show over 50 units in discontinued (?) stock and went on to inform me I could get a deal if I was to purchase them all. I inquired on the original part application and she said her notes indicated a Massey Ferguson (manufacturers of Farm equipment/ Agricultural machinery) commercial component. Filter element dimensions are a factor. I purchased 2 elements and would think they have plenty of 'discontinued' inventory left

The SJ pieces are a simple affair and should be child's play for a CNC man. A couple of photos for perusal.

How long do you think you'd need them, I can disassemble the assembly as the filter itself does you no good and post the plates?

regards,
W.O.B.

p.s. If you DO end up replicating - perhaps you could sell me a couple of units at a discount?
2004 Boxer Cup.

WasOnceBroken

Postby WasOnceBroken » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:57 am

My pleasure, Neil. More than happy to help anyone contributing to the maintenance and/or betterment of our steeds.
I'll simply disassemble the assembly down to the upper/lower plates with corresponding M8 x 1.25 bolts for posting ease unless you prefer the complete unit with filter?
Check your PM.

best,
W.O.B.

box-doctor wrote:WOW - W.O.B. I had almost given up on this.
If you would be kind enough to lend me these parts I would love to try & get the project off the ground & of course I will sell you a couple at a discounted cost, hopefully at cost or less depending on cost to produce, numbers being made etc...
Please let me know how to move this forward & obviously I'll happily cover the cost of your trouble.

Best regards Neil.

WasOnceBroken wrote:I have one and would be more than happy to to loan it to you, however - posting from California to you might be troublesome. Not long ago (perhaps 6-7 months ago) I contacted K&N for replacement filter element as my two (I have the SJ units on both of my machines) elements, though life time guaranteed - were showing the ravages of duty and time. The element has no part number which makes any sense and is an internal production 'code'. The kind lady I spoke with cross referenced the number to a discontinued part - However - They did show over 50 units in discontinued (?) stock and went on to inform me I could get a deal if I was to purchase them all. I inquired on the original part application and she said her notes indicated a Massey Ferguson (manufacturers of Farm equipment/ Agricultural machinery) commercial component. Filter element dimensions are a factor. I purchased 2 elements and would think they have plenty of 'discontinued' inventory left

regards,
W.O.B.

box-doctor

Postby box-doctor » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:57 am

P.M’d

WasOnceBroken wrote:My pleasure, Neil. More than happy to help anyone contributing to the maintenance and/or betterment of our steeds.
I'll simply disassemble the assembly down to the upper/lower plates with corresponding M8 x 1.25 bolts for posting ease unless you prefer the complete unit with filter?
Check your PM.

best,
W.O.B.

box-doctor wrote:WOW - W.O.B. I had almost given up on this.

Best regards Neil.

regards,
W.O.B.

2004 Boxer Cup.

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:10 am

Spotted this on a facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/20239071657/permalink/10158204587971658/

Looks similar but 3D printed. Don't know how long it would last

Last edited by jeznewsome on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”