BMW R1100S Carbon Fibre Engine Spoiler

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Phillip

BMW R1100S Carbon Fibre Engine Spoiler

Postby Phillip » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Original BMW Part number MC71.60.2.337.207 supplied & fitted by RGS Motorcycles in 1999 this came on the bike when I bought it but I prefer the naked look.

It is compatible with the side & centre stands and allows oil & filter change & oil level check without removal though that is a quick process. It is comprised of 3 main sections & as you would expect it goes together beautifully. There are no cracks or damage; just a slight dulling of the clearcoat directly behind the wheel area. It keeps the engine clean but mine is a summer toy really so I’m not bothered. Beyond that it’s a question of cosmetic appearance so a matter of personal preference.

It comes with all the fittings, screws, washers etc. When I reove the fittings I will mark them so assembly will be easy. Or you can visit Bristol, inspect it & swap it all over to your bike.

I have checked at the BMW dealer and this now costs £610 so not cheap! There is a good diagram of it on link:

https://partsss.com/en/bmw/spareparts/m ... 52478.html

The bulk of the £23 carriage cost is insurance; its about £5 without it. £400 ono. I can't seem to resize photos to upload on my mac but can send to serious buyers; contact phillipmorgan@onetel.com

WasOnceBroken

Re: BMW R1100S Carbon Fibre Engine Spoiler

Postby WasOnceBroken » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Here it is as fitted to my '99

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”