Wanted - Power Commander for R1200S

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

nicholsonj2252

Wanted - Power Commander for R1200S

Postby nicholsonj2252 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:31 am

Hi - I'm after a Power Commander for my R1200S - if you have one not being used let me know

Cheers

John

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Sorry if you've already considered alternatives but the ECU remap is reputed to be an excellent mod for the 1200S and cheaper to boot ( plus undetectable ahem...)

nicholsonj2252

Postby nicholsonj2252 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 am

andy griff wrote:Sorry if you've already considered alternatives but the ECU remap is reputed to be an excellent mod for the 1200S and cheaper to boot ( plus undetectable ahem...)

Thanks - Dave the German advised the same - any idea what sort of price we are looking at and I assume it's a Hilltop visit ?

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:51 am

I looked into it last year and IIRC was looking at £350.
Hilltop do seem to have done loads of BMWs but my understanding was that re-flashing of ECUs is now commonplace and the technology is available on a much wider basis. But, of course fair play to Hilltop they seem to have been early into the market and developed a good reputation. I think that counts for a lot if you are going to choose someone to mess around with a key part of the bike.

leasky

Postby leasky » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:28 am

Hilltop did my 1200 GSA. It makes a huge difference and is well worth the money. You won't regret visiting them.
Leasky

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:38 am

leasky wrote:Hilltop did my 1200 GSA. It makes a huge difference and is well worth the money. You won't regret visiting them.

+1
I had My R1200S done by Hilltop this year, without a doubt the best £350 I've ever spent on my bike.

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:04 am

andy griff wrote:I looked into it last year and IIRC was looking at £350.
Hilltop do seem to have done loads of BMWs but my understanding was that re-flashing of ECUs is now commonplace and the technology is available on a much wider basis. But, of course fair play to Hilltop they seem to have been early into the market and developed a good reputation. I think that counts for a lot if you are going to choose someone to mess around with a key part of the bike.

Are there many? I know of the one at Ducati Coventry, (JPH?) and there's Flashtune (Yamaha), but other than perhaps a few who do Rexxer remaps - I'm not so sure there are so many.

The Hilltop remapping has been done to death on UKGSer, and they even had an open day in September to answer anyone's questions and show what they did. I think there has been one person (out of hundreds) - who wasn't impressed, and they got their money back/bike returned to standard.

I would recommend Hilltop unreservedly

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Blackal wrote:
Are there many? I know of the one at Ducati Coventry, (JPH?) and there's Flashtune (Yamaha), but other than perhaps a few who do Rexxer remaps - I'm not so sure there are so many.

Al :D

Jordan Bikes do ECU remaps but only on R6/R1 and GSXRs as far as I know, Cheap too!
I don't know of anyone else doing BMWs except Rexxer

http://www.jordanbikes.com/pages/ecu-re ... re-map.htm

Steve
Well-weathered leather

Hot metal and oil

The scented country air

Sunlight on chrome

The blur of the landscape

Every nerve aware

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”