Pilot 4's (GT) fitted for £200!

PRIVATE sales only please.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bfisher

Pilot 4's (GT) fitted for £200!

Postby bfisher » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:44 pm

We might not have the best riding in the SW of London but at least i've managed to find reasonable priced tyres fitted:

Pilot 4's (GT) fitted for the r1100s with Michelin cashback (£): £200; can't really complain for that... This price is after the £35 cashback... Could have went for the 3's for £20 less but hey i'm not going to skimp on black circles... Shout now if anyone disagrees with going for the GT...

See:
http://www.guildfordmotorcycle.co.uk/pr ... money_back

Suspect this might also be @ other dealers:
http://uk.moto-promo2015.michelin.com/en_GB

Ordered now just have to wait for them to come in & get fitted next weekend... The guy knew what he was talking about as well which is a good thing...

Brad

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Well done :D

£235 is a good price anyway, just checked my local tyre guy and he's not listed otherwise I would be ordering a set now and waiting till later in the year to fit :cry:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Just thought they (Michelin) must be trying to get some cash in before next years MotoGP starts
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Just had the non GT versions fitted to my BCR .... will be putting the GT version on the K12GT when that needs tyres, which will be soon :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

el-nicko
Location: Nick from HEREFORDSHIRE, The Oceanian province of Airstrip One.

Postby el-nicko » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:09 pm

I bought a pair of PR4's (not 'GT's) for my VFR from Wheelhouse Tyres in Solihull on the 28th of last month. . Ride-in-ride-out - £277.00. So, less the £35.00 refund = £242.00 fitting inc. A good deal I think. Especially when removing the rear wheel involves removing saddle, trim, un-clipping EXUP cable and silencer removal. However, applying on-line for the re-fund is a right long-winded PITA though, requiring full bank account details, a J-PEG pic' of bill/receipt and a lot of personal details then waiting for an email confirmation that my application had been accepted. Still waiting for the re-fund to show up in my acc. as well. :(

I suspect that, yet again, we're being shafted. Tyres are made (mostly) from oil. The bottom's dropped out of the oil market. Ergo tyres should be a lot cheaper but, instead of lowering the retail price, we get 'Special Offers' that we have to jump through hoops to take advantage of. I suspect (in the case of Michelin) a lot of re-fund applicants will say "Sod it" and just give up. :roll:

On the subject of PR4 tyre choice: 'Standard' or 'GT'? Michelin recommend the GT for 'heavier bikes' and claim that BMW are fitting it as OE on the new(ish) R1200GS ( Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled 525 lbs (238 kg). Yet they recommend the 'Standard' version for my VFR which is, at 615lbs 'curb weight' (whatever that means :? ) a lot heavier and a more powerful bike than the 'BM'. I've got my own theory about this and in the light of the recent cock-ups of two major manufacturers, i.e. Öhlins and Takata, (a global supplier of airbags) it wouldn't surprise me to learn that some PR numpty at Michelin, uninformed that Honda make two different VFR models, was making his recommendation based on the 800cc version. Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Weeeell. :shock:

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

It's all VFR (DCT) round here now. STILL missing my 1100s tho.

stivesvelo

TYRE PRESSURES

Postby stivesvelo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Just had some PR4s fitted & wonder what pressures to use, Michelin's website says 2.3 front & 2.5 rear.

Tried similar pressures on the last set (Metz) & preferred a bit more air than that as it felt a bit soggy & heavy steering.

I'm guessing they will be much the same as PR 2 & 3 for pressures, anyone have any opinions of how they suit the later BCR & what pressures you prefer.

I'm fairly light build (with a bit of 'excess muscle' added, the sort you get from pies) & ride solo mostly.

Rob

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Running PR4s standard on my BCR on solo, 32psi fr 36psi rear...dead cold pressures.
2009 HP2 Sport...sold
2006 R1200s with yellow rim tape
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore..sold
2004 R1100s BoxerCup Replika..sold
2006 Subaru WRX STI S204 #318/600

Return to “Bits'n'bobs for sale”